“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”
1993-Batch of IIT Kanpur comes together to support their alma mater by setting up the
An automated confirmation email on successful payment shall serve as a contribution receipt. In case of any query, please contact us
Alumni Association & your Alma Mater welcomes the Batch of 1993 for their
“25th Year Reunion”
We hope you’ll join us!
Mark your calendar for Reunion on
Enjoy the company of old friends and the opportunity to revisit your favorite places and spaces in the campus.
- Member, National Academy of Sciences India (NASI)
- Member, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
- Member, American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE)
- Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Member, Association of Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Member, Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences
- US Fulbright Specialist Fellow
- JSPS Invited Fellowship
- Humboldt Research Fellowship
- Founder of successful venture ‘Nutanix’, a cloud computing software company.
- Founder of successful venture ‘ThoughtSpot’, a technology company.
- Founder of successful ventures ‘Myntra’ and ‘CureFit & CULT!’
- R&D 100 award
- Sallyport Award for extraordinary contributions to the Rice University
- Robert Lowry Patten Award
- ONR Young Investigator Award
- IBM Faculty Award
- NSF CAREER Award
- James H. Zumberge Faculty Research and Innovation Award
- Amar Dye-Chem Award, IIChE
- Young Engineer Award, INAE
- Department of Atomic Energy BRNS Young Scientist Award
Account Name: IITK Alumni Association, Account No: 32423784259, Account Type: Saving, Branch: IIT Kanpur, IFSC Code: SBIN0001161
- During the transaction quote remarks as “Roll No.: your roll no”.
- Please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching a screenshot of the payment confirmation window.
* Will be updated soon as per the waiting communication from the batch coordinator.
* Will be updated soon as per the waiting communication from the batch coordinator.
Please note: For any query email us at email@example.com or contact the batch coordinators
Please note: Online registrations are not reflected immediately on this page. Please allow four business days for your registration status to be updated.
1. Room reservation will be confirmed only after receiving full payment by credit card/ debit card, bank transfer. (no cash payment accepted)
2. Room allocation shall be in consultation with batch co-ordinator.
3. A family will be given preference on deluxe rooms.
Day 1: Friday, 28thDecember 2018
|05.00 pm – 06:30 pm||Batch starts gathering at IITK followed by Registration / Networking||VH|
|08:00 pm – 10:30 pm||Dinner||VH Lawns|
|11:00 pm Onwards||Bulla Session with light music||Hall X Canteen|
Day 2: Saturday, 29th December 2018
|07:30 am – 10:00 am||Breakfast||Hall II|
|10:00 am – 11:30 am||Welcome to your alma mater (Inaugural Function – Welcome by the Director followed by Tea and Batch / Family Photograph||Outreach Auditorium|
|11:30 am –1:30 pm||Hostel Tour / Academic Tour / L18 & 19 / Computer Center / Glass Blowing / P K Kelkar Library / NWTF||From Outreach Building|
|01:30 pm – 03:00 pm||Institute Lunch||Director’s Residence|
|03:00 pm – 05:30 pm||Groups breaks up and Rests / Glider Rides||VH|
|03:00 pm – 05:30pm||Phatta cricket (in parallel)||IIT Ground|
|7:00 pm – 9:00pm||Cultural events by alumni and family (Skit, Rock Show. etc) + outside Rock Band||Outreach Auditorium|
|9:00 pm Onwards||Gala Dinner||VH Lawns|
Day 3: Sunday, 30thDecember 2018
|07:00 am – 08:00 am||Morning walk||PBCEC|
|08:00 am – 10:30 am||Breakfast||VH Dining Hall|
|10:30 am – 01:00 pm||Phatta Cricket / Other activities||IIT Ground|
|01:00 pm – 02:30 pm||Lunch||VH Dining Hall|
|02:30 pm onwards||Departure||Meet again soon!|
Buddy system has been started from this year.
Volunteers of the first and second year of IIT Kanpur will be associated with each alumnus on a one-on-one basis to facilitate their stay and any other assistance.
Volunteers shall be matched with alumni based on their branch as far as possible.
Buddy system will continue if alumnus wishes to continue mentoring the buddy by providing him internship or other career guidance till he graduates & after that.
Kindly note :
- Photos are only representatives.
- Room allocation is done by the batch coordinators.
- All effort shall be made to refurbish the accommodation, in case of any difficulty kindly contact the VH staff or the Batch Coordinator.
VH Deluxe Room
Equipped with all the necessary items to make you feel at home. Deluxe AC Room has standard facilities and also additional facilities such as sitting room, a small pantry, and refrigerator along with a personal computer with internet connection.
VH Standard Room
A spacious twin bedroom with attached bathroom with warm staff to make your stay pleasant. Out of a total of 70 rooms, 25 were renovated recently.
This is an extension of visitors hostel with an aim to accommodate the peak season’s arrival of guests. Most of the facilities like AC, Internet connectivity, security etc. is provided for a pleasant stay of guests.
The institute has a health center within its premises where necessary medical facilities are available and medical officers are on duty 24*7. In the case of emergencies, an ambulance can also be easily arranged.
The alumni and their families can access the stadiums and numerous world-class sports facilities available within the campus, permission for which is sought by the Alumni Association office through P-E section/ Sports-In-Charge. As is the rule, non-marking shoes are mandatory for indoor games.
Besides, the alumni can have some fun Glider joy rides at the airstrip for a small fee of Rs. 500 per ride and the payment is to be made on the spot to the concerned officials. The rides are available from 10 am to 5 pm subject to weather conditions. Here too, the alumni association will have to seek prior permissions from the Flight In-Charge. taxies/ buses will be arranged for taking alumni to the airstrip. However, a walk from the airstrip back to the VH is highly recommended to enjoy the flora and fauna of the campus.
The alumni association will have to send a letter to the Excise department, UP Government, informing them about the upcoming reunion and a DD of the required amount to seek necessary permission. Caterers engaged for preparing meals will make other arrangements for serving drinks. The cost is borne by the batch.
All complaints/issues regarding room amenities like lights, air conditioners, mosquito repellents, bathroom, fitting, upholstery, replenishing the tea/coffee supply should be directed to the VH housekeeping whose internal number is 8171. The VH will not have your room key, so the housekeeping will have to be arranged in your presence.
For any other need such as laundry services, special tours, cab booking, drinking water, dietary needs etc., please contact the front desk/reception area or the reunion control room set up in the VH.
After checking into your VH rooms, you can complete the registration process at the control room in the VH or the outreach building. It involves paying the fees, filling up the registration, data Update and departure forms given in the Reunion Kit and collecting your life membership card of the alumni association.
If you have already paid your fees online then quote your transaction id. Kindly collect the payment receipt and identity badges for you and your family members.
The alumni association will provide pick up and drop facility from the Kanpur railway station. In case many people are travelling via the same trains, a bus would be arranged. However, alumni wishing to travel alone with their families can avail taxis. Do please confirm your arrival/departure schedule at the time of pre-registration / registration.
Yes, we do refund the registration fee if an alumnus does not turn up for the reunion after registration.
Apart from the registration fees, batch contribution fee is being collected by the batch coordinators towards grand reunion dinner, batch gifts, hard drinks and invitations to professionals for cultural activities.
The reunion fee can be paid by a credit /debit card or bank transfer.
The registration fee for a reunion is between Rs.10,000 to Rs. 35,000/-. The fee depends upon the activities decided by the batch coordinators.